Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Happy Earth Day everyone! Our family celebrated by going to see Disney's new movie Earth.

I was worried that the kids wouldn't sit still for a 1 1/2 hour documentary but we all LOVED IT!!!!! Watching movies like these makes me so proud to be a Christian and makes me once again realize what an AMAZING Earth our Lord has created for us. I watched in awe at the incredible film. It went into full depth following tons of animals over the course of a year, our effects the earth has on them and them on it, their migrations, births, deaths, and fights for life. WOW!!!! There were some intense scenes for the kids during some hunt scenes but fortunately Disney didn't show any of the actual killings, just some of the captures.
We laughed together, got sad together, and were on the edge of our seats during a DOCUMENTARY, it truly was amazing. I still can't get the father polar bear out of my head - I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.
I am glad that we took our kids to see this movie and have exposed them to the wonderful circle of life that the Lord created. They enjoyed it and I could tell by the discussion and questions following that they have a deeper appreciation of it all.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails