Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day #2 and #3!!!

Well, this has been an interesting week. We had THREE snow days. We had a great time hanging out together and doing fun things together. I just love being with my family and this week was fun having "us" time.
We let the kids sleep on the pull out couch after snow day #1 and we knew snow day #2 was a done deal:



Tim and Luke headed out on a long hike in the ice and snow to the park to sled while Lauren and I stayed inside and watched a movie on the pull out couch. Here are the boys venturing out:


Then we made snow ice cream, that was fun to do too. Here is Luke gathering a bowl of snow for our creation:



Here are the kids mixing up the ice cream:




Then last night we got a call that I was on a delay and Luke and Lauren were cancelled for day #3. My call for today came early this morning. Our streets are still like thick skating rinks - they just can't get the ice off. We did venture out together today though for a nice lunch at McAlisters and we saw Paul Blart Mall Cop, that was a funny movie - I love Kevin James- he reminds me of Tim : )
Then today I was soooooooooooo excited because this came:

MY iPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooo excited! Tim got one a few weeks ago and I slowly was sucked in and saw it's potential and wanted one of my own. I was so thrilled when Fed Ex pulled up tonight and I have one of my own now.
Well, we have a 2 hour delay tomorrow so back to school for a 1/2 day and then a weekend, gotta love teaching : )

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO fun!!! I want to know how to make Snow Ice cream...I want to know if Paul Blart was REALLY funny - for adults....and I am getting an IPHONE too! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, for Snow Ice Cream:
    1 gallon snow
    2 tbs. vanilla
    1 cup sugar
    1 sprinkle salt
    2 cups milk
    Stir and enjoy : )
    Tim and I laughed outloud for Paul Blart, of course it's predictable and more geared for kids but Tim and I thought parts were halarious, gotta love Kevin James.
    Are you really getting an iPhone? You will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails