Saturday, October 1, 2011

Date with Luke

Today Lauren was with a friend all day so Tim and I went to Luke's soccer game and then I promised Luke we would do something fun together. We had some gift certificates to a local lazer tag place and Luke has been dying to go. When I mentioned to him the two of us could go he instantly became so excited. He started telling me all the techniques to being a good lazer tag player and how much fun it will be being on a team together. As we drove over to the establishment I listened as he went on and on about lazer tag techniques and took in the joy in his eyes and had to fight back a tear as I realized how excited he was to be spending an afternoon with his mom. I cherish these moments and how he still loves to hang out with me. As I dawned my laser tag gear he talked me through the entire battle and we both did pretty well (as the teenage group of boys we were against ganged up on us).
After that I got him some tokens and instead of chosing his favorite racing game and playing by himself,  he wanted to play air hockey with me (his choice, I swear). We played 4 rounds of air hockey (and that was 3 tokens per game, again his choice out of the limited amount of tokens I gave him for the day). The game was intense and he said at one point "you've got skills mom, I can't deny it"  I had to laugh : )  I was enjoying the moment so much I had him stop at one point so I could take a picture of him so I would never forget these precious moments together:
As you can tell, he had his game face on : )  Well out of 4 rounds Luke would tell you HE beat ME 2 out of the 4 rounds, but I'm here to tell you that I beat HIM 2 out of the 4 rounds : )  Then we headed over to the basketball hop a shot game and went head to head and he did beat me there by 2 points. As we walked to the car and he reached for my hand and thanked me for a great afternoon my heart skipped a beat. I am so blessed to have a son like Luke and I cherish every single moment with him - wish I could freeze time, o.k, now I'm starting to cry so I'll sign off.................LOVE YOU LUKE!!

1 comment:

  1. okay you've got me tearing up too. What a wonderful afternoon with Luke. You have raised such wonderful Godly children.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails