Friday, March 27, 2009

Rough Times

It has been a rough week this week. Just rough all around- not just for me and for my family but for others around me as well and that just makes it even harder. I feel sometimes as though I am walking through molasses and won’t ever have the ability to make it to the end. I keep praying for strength, for me, for my family, for others in my life going through similar challenges – for changes that need to happen to make happiness return – for many things. It’s so hard to watch those you love going through difficult times, all you can do is be there for them and hold their hand, and continue to give out hugs and uphold them in prayer, but it is also a powerless feeling .
In times like these I try to remind myself of the many blessings that the Lord has bestowed on me, and bestowed on those I love. I run a constant tally in my head of all of the positives and they ALWAYS far outweigh the negatives and for that I am TRULY thankful!
I try to remind others of what they have in their lives too and be a sounding board and help them through the rough times. I feel like a counselor many days going from one person with a problem and need to the next, my heart just bleeds for them and sometimes I feel like I have nothing else to give but just when I feel that way the Lord gives me more strength, determination and care to give encouraging words to one more weary soul.
I thank the Lord for these many blessings, and pray for his strength and guidance in the moments, days, weeks, months, and years to come as we continue to make tough decisions and remain strong. I know the light is at the end of the tunnel, it ALWAYS is, I just can’t wait to reach it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails